UPDATE: Exmouth town centre fire 'is out'

PUBLISHED: 10:25 21 June 2016 | UPDATED: 10:55 21 June 2016

Fire crews at Exmouth's Consol Studio. Photo: Paul Strange.

Fire crews at Exmouth's Consol Studio. Photo: Paul Strange.

Archant

The major fire which occurred this morning at The Parade in Exmouth is now out, Chief Fire Officer for Devon and Somerset Lee Howell has said.

Speaking at the scene, Mr Howell said that crews were still working to deal with a ‘smouldering element’.

The Parade is still closed to traffic

The fire broke out shortly after 7am this morning (Tuesday) at Consol tanning studio.

Eight fire engines from Exmouth, Topsham, Sidmouth, Ottery St Mary, Middlemoor and Danes Castle were sent to tackle the fire.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said that an ambulance had been requested for two female patients suffering from smoke inhalation.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists