Unitary plan is a good one
I refer to the arbitrary sacking of our Cllr Steve Hall from the planning committee, with no reasons given. Since November 1, I have endeavoured to obtain some information, but have been fobbed off by several officials at EDDC. I have this day (Febr
I refer to the arbitrary sacking of our Cllr Steve Hall from the planning committee, with no reasons given.
Since November 1, I have endeavoured to obtain some information, but have been 'fobbed off' by several officials at EDDC.
I have this day (February 8) received a reply from the communications and improvement manager to the effect that nothing can be done, in spite of the Freedom of Information Act, as this was a political decision, taken by the chairman of the planning committee.
Cllr Miss Randall Johnson replies to enquiries: "The Conservative Group on East Devon District Council has never commented on any appointment to the council committees or outside bodies as these are decisions taken internally."
You may also want to watch:
The only record of this decision is October 14, Minute 37, which merely states that Cllr Hall had been replaced.
As the months go by, it has become increasingly obvious that EDDC are intent on the removal of the existing public shelter and the construction of the modern Longboat, come hell or highwater.
- 1 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 2 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 3 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 4 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 5 Corporate insolvencies at third highest since start of pandemic
- 6 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Captain’s Day at Madeira Bowls
- 10 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
I am suspicious, therefore, that, as Cllr Hall was the only Budleigh member to voice our objections at the meeting, (Cllrs Florey and Franklin were in favour) that he has been removed and replaced by an Exmouth councillor, in order to obtain a majority in favour, on that committee.
Is this not another good reason for the scrapping of local authorities such as EDDC and the implementation of one Unitary Council?
33 East Budleigh Road,