Unitary plan is a good one
I refer to the arbitrary sacking of our Cllr Steve Hall from the planning committee, with no reasons given. Since November 1, I have endeavoured to obtain some information, but have been fobbed off by several officials at EDDC. I have this day (Febr
I refer to the arbitrary sacking of our Cllr Steve Hall from the planning committee, with no reasons given.
Since November 1, I have endeavoured to obtain some information, but have been 'fobbed off' by several officials at EDDC.
I have this day (February 8) received a reply from the communications and improvement manager to the effect that nothing can be done, in spite of the Freedom of Information Act, as this was a political decision, taken by the chairman of the planning committee.
Cllr Miss Randall Johnson replies to enquiries: "The Conservative Group on East Devon District Council has never commented on any appointment to the council committees or outside bodies as these are decisions taken internally."
The only record of this decision is October 14, Minute 37, which merely states that Cllr Hall had been replaced.
As the months go by, it has become increasingly obvious that EDDC are intent on the removal of the existing public shelter and the construction of the modern Longboat, come hell or highwater.
- 1 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 2 Swimming pool flasher sent to mental hospital
- 3 Freezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 4 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 5 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 6 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 7 Budleigh vineyard wins gold at inaugural wine competition
- 8 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 9 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 10 Exmouth business create leggings to raise funds for Hospiscare
I am suspicious, therefore, that, as Cllr Hall was the only Budleigh member to voice our objections at the meeting, (Cllrs Florey and Franklin were in favour) that he has been removed and replaced by an Exmouth councillor, in order to obtain a majority in favour, on that committee.
Is this not another good reason for the scrapping of local authorities such as EDDC and the implementation of one Unitary Council?
33 East Budleigh Road,