Unitary plan is a good one
I refer to the arbitrary sacking of our Cllr Steve Hall from the planning committee, with no reasons given. Since November 1, I have endeavoured to obtain some information, but have been fobbed off by several officials at EDDC. I have this day (Febr
I refer to the arbitrary sacking of our Cllr Steve Hall from the planning committee, with no reasons given.
Since November 1, I have endeavoured to obtain some information, but have been 'fobbed off' by several officials at EDDC.
I have this day (February 8) received a reply from the communications and improvement manager to the effect that nothing can be done, in spite of the Freedom of Information Act, as this was a political decision, taken by the chairman of the planning committee.
Cllr Miss Randall Johnson replies to enquiries: "The Conservative Group on East Devon District Council has never commented on any appointment to the council committees or outside bodies as these are decisions taken internally."
You may also want to watch:
The only record of this decision is October 14, Minute 37, which merely states that Cllr Hall had been replaced.
As the months go by, it has become increasingly obvious that EDDC are intent on the removal of the existing public shelter and the construction of the modern Longboat, come hell or highwater.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 8 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 9 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 10 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
I am suspicious, therefore, that, as Cllr Hall was the only Budleigh member to voice our objections at the meeting, (Cllrs Florey and Franklin were in favour) that he has been removed and replaced by an Exmouth councillor, in order to obtain a majority in favour, on that committee.
Is this not another good reason for the scrapping of local authorities such as EDDC and the implementation of one Unitary Council?
33 East Budleigh Road,