BUDLEIGH SALTERTON - is it probably the most cycling unfriendly town in the South West?
At a time when most towns and cities in the South West seem to be encouraging people to get out on their bikes and get healthy, it seems Budleigh Salterton wants to do the opposite.
I have never seen so many “No-cycling” signs around a seaside town before and today was the final straw, when at least two new signs have been printed on the seafront promenade.
Assuming this is council money, have they not got better things to do with it?
What a waste of money - and on a promenade that is easily wide enough to become a shared path.
You may also want to watch:
I think people need to remember that not everybody living in Budleigh Salterton is too old to ride a bike!
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 6 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth