UFO seen in Exmouth
EXMOUTH is used to scores of visitors in the summer – but this year it seems the town is also the holiday hotspot for UFOs. Video footage taken last month showing a mystery flying object in the sky over the sea at Sandy Bay has found its way onto YouTube.
EXMOUTH is used to scores of visitors in the summer - but this year it seems the town is also the holiday hotspot for UFOs.
Video footage taken last month showing a mystery flying object in the sky over the sea at Sandy Bay has found its way onto YouTube.
Speculation is rife among UFO spotters - some believe the footage, shot at the start of May in the early evening, is the 'real deal'.
The short film was shot from a chalet at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park, with the camera pointing out to sea.
You may also want to watch:
The footage, lasting more than three minutes, shows a silver-white diamond shape hovering in the clear sky above the water.
When the camera operator, known only as Steveu4, zooms in on the object it appears to be a perfect diamond shape.
- 1 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 2 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 3 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 4 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 5 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 9 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
Also visible are several darker, cylindrical, objects, which are harder to pick out.
Sceptics claim the object is the planet Venus, which is visible at this time of year, or an aeroplane.
Some believe the footage is of a kite, while other UFO spotters asked if the film was taken through the chalet window and was a reflection off the glass.
The footage has already attracted more than 5,000 hits and the debate over the authenticity of the sighting rumbles on.
One post said: "This video is seriously weird if you look at it closely enough, and I think that it could well be the real deal.
"Miles too big to be Venus, and no way can you see Venus as a sphere except through a telescope."
Another said: "Clearly this is just a rotor kite as can be seen very clearly at around 2 mins 7 seconds into the video."
Two days ago a UFO watcher posted: "It is not Venus. Venus over Exeter, UK was visible only until 16.55. Also Venus is on the West, but this video shows South or South-East.