Two girls hold Christmas Fair
TWO five year old girls from Withycombe School came up with a plan to raise money for the charity Children s Hospice South West - by holding their very own Christmas fair at one of the girl's home.
TWO five year old girls from Withycombe School came up with a plan to raise money for the charity Children's Hospice South West - by holding their very own Christmas fair at one of the girl's home.
Grace Thomas and Hannah Mills, with a little help from their mothers, baked home made ginger bread men and cakes, created hand made Christmas cards and decorations and sold these at their fair.
Along with a raffle and second hand clothing sale, the girls raised a whopping £275 for the charity.
Father, Robert Thomas said; "The girls wanted to do something for children who are unwell and to help make their Christmas as filled with happiness as their own."
You may also want to watch:
Jessica Pate, Marketing and Communications Manager at the Children's Hospice South West said; "We'd like to say a huge thank you to the families for their efforts and the money they raised at their Christmas Fair, their gift means so much.
Christmas is such a poignant time of year for many of the families that use our hospice service, and to know others are thinking of them, and helping raise funds for the charity, is a wonderful thing."
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Repair cafe opens again
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 9 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
The Children's Hospice South West is mainly funded by donations. There are currently two South West hospices with a new one planned for Cornwall. For more information contact; www.chsw.org.uk.