TUESDAY, July 8 - Pan left on cooker sparks visit from Exmouth firefighters

PUBLISHED: 18:00 08 July 2008 | UPDATED: 09:16 10 June 2010

EXMOUTH firefighters were today called to a Withycombe home after reports were received that a smoke alarm was sounding.

EXMOUTH firefighters were today called to a Withycombe home after reports were received that a smoke alarm was sounding.

The fire crew was called to Madeira Villas shortly before 11.30am after neighbours heard the smoke detector sounding and dialled 999.

When the firefighters arrived they could see a pan was on the cooker but no one was home.

The fire crew gained access to the property using a ladder, removed the pan from the heat and used ventilations fans to clear smoke from the property.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal