Trophies galore for town’s royal family
AFTER a break of 20 years, Budleigh Salterton s royal family is giving its East Devon rivals a run for their money in the local carnivals.
AFTER a break of 20 years, Budleigh Salterton's royal family is giving its East Devon rivals a run for their money in the local carnivals.
For the last two decades, Budleigh Salterton's royalty has stayed away from the carnival circuit, but this year the town's carnival club entered the Gala Week king, queen, prince and princess into the local processions and it has proved a popular move, because the float has already scooped a raft of prizes.
At Topsham carnival, the float was awarded second prize, third place at Sidmouth and last weekend won second prize at Newton Poppleford.
Budleigh Carnival Club spokesman Julie Meredith said: "We hope that entering them into the carnival might be an incentive for more children to compete in the 2010 Gala Week competition."
You may also want to watch:
And Budleigh is holding its own with its other entry, Rock Around the Clock.
So far the float has been awarded three first places and three second prizes.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 4 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 9 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 10 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
The club is now setting its sights on the East Devon trophy competition.
It will be keeping its fingers crossed during Saturday's judging at Exmouth Carnival.
The club is always keen to hear from new members, interested in helping out.
For more information call (01395) 443866 or (01395)