Tributes pour in for former Exmouth Royal Marine
Tributes pour in for former Exmouth Royal Marine John Roberts, who died on Saturday after a motorcycle accident.
Tributes have been pouring in for a former Royal Marine from Exmouth who died at the weekend after a road accident near the Somerset and Devon border
Tattooist John Roberts, a 28-year-old married father of two, was this week named as the victim of a collision which occurred on Saturday between a black Suzuki GSXR 750cc motorcycle and a red VW Polo on the A396 at Bampton.
Attempts were made to resuscitate Mr Roberts, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Mr Roberts had been serving with the Royal Marines and was based in Exmouth until leaving the forces in March and moving to West Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
He ran a tattoo business in Tiverton and this week a Facebook tribute page, Tiverton Tattoos, was set up in his memory
There, Lisa Williams Ninnis was among many who left messages of condolence.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 8 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
She wrote: “Such a terrible tragedy. You were a lovely guy. I wear your tattoo with pride.”
Mr Roberts leaves his wife, Nadine, and two children.