Tributes pour in for former Exmouth Royal Marine
Tributes pour in for former Exmouth Royal Marine John Roberts, who died on Saturday after a motorcycle accident.
Tributes have been pouring in for a former Royal Marine from Exmouth who died at the weekend after a road accident near the Somerset and Devon border
Tattooist John Roberts, a 28-year-old married father of two, was this week named as the victim of a collision which occurred on Saturday between a black Suzuki GSXR 750cc motorcycle and a red VW Polo on the A396 at Bampton.
Attempts were made to resuscitate Mr Roberts, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Mr Roberts had been serving with the Royal Marines and was based in Exmouth until leaving the forces in March and moving to West Somerset.
He ran a tattoo business in Tiverton and this week a Facebook tribute page, Tiverton Tattoos, was set up in his memory
There, Lisa Williams Ninnis was among many who left messages of condolence.
- 1 Exeter College bucks national trend with 'best ever A level results'
- 2 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 3 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 4 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 5 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 6 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 7 Exmouth beach swimming ban lifted
- 8 Donation from Freemasons to fire-damaged scout hut
- 9 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
She wrote: “Such a terrible tragedy. You were a lovely guy. I wear your tattoo with pride.”
Mr Roberts leaves his wife, Nadine, and two children.