Tributes paid to well-known Woodbury woman
TRIBUTES have been paid to a well-known Woodbury woman who has died. Nora Miller, 88, died at her home, Thorns Cottage, last week. She leaves her son, Bob, three grandchildren, Hayley, Kevin, Lee and four great grandchildren, Amber, Finley, Matthew and S
TRIBUTES have been paid to a well-known Woodbury woman who has died.
Nora Miller, 88, died at her home, Thorns Cottage, last week.
She leaves her son, Bob, three grandchildren, Hayley, Kevin, Lee and four great grandchildren, Amber, Finley, Matthew and Scarlet.
Her funeral service will take place next Thursday, February 11 at Exeter Crematorium. Nora's late husband, Bob Miller, died last August, aged 90.
You may also want to watch:
Son Bob said: "She was a loving, all-round family woman and the last of the Miller family from that generation."
Bob joked: "Whenever people would ask where Nora was, we would reply by saying there is no need to look that far as she was always in the kitchen cooking meals.
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 John and Grace run for the heart
- 7 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 8 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
"She adored my father. From the time when she was 18-years-old through to when she died at 88, her life revolved around him. She knew nothing else."
"She would go and watch Bob play skittles, in the British Legion League, and cricket, and would make teas with all the other wifes."
Like his father, although his mum was born in Exeter, he said she was a Woodbury woman through and through.
A bench will be installed in the grounds of Woodbury Cricket Club this spring in memory of both Bob and Nora's lives.