Tributes paid to Exmouth spitfire man
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire has led the tributes to Exmouth s heroic former Spitfire pilot. Mr Swire, who discussed John Mejor s NHS care funding ordeal on a number of occasions in the House of Commons, said he was clearly a remarkable man. He added: Of cou
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire has led the tributes to Exmouth's heroic former Spitfire pilot.
Mr Swire, who discussed John Mejor's NHS care funding ordeal on a number of occasions in the House of Commons, said he was clearly a remarkable man.
He added: "Of course I'm pleased if we helped to resolve the problem for the family, but I extend my condolences to them at what must be a very sad time."
Parveen Brown, assistant director of continuing healthcare at NHS Devon, rejected any suggestion the national, publicly-funded healthcare body had been insensitive to the Mejor family's needs.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Brown said: "We would like to offer our sincere condolences to Mr Mejor's family.
"We worked closely with them throughout the appeal process, fitting meetings around their availability and commitments. Mr Mejor continued to receive full funding for his care until the time of his death.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
"The decision to continue future funding was communicated to the family the same day it was agreed, March 17, and a letter confirming this was posted soon afterwards.
"While the timing of this appeal has been unfortunate for the family at this sad time, we have done everything possible to help and strongly reject any suggestion we have been insensitive to their needs.