'Trapped' Exmouth man taken to hospital after falling from overturned digger
A MAN believed to be trapped under an overturned mini-digger in Travershes Close on Saturday lunchtime was taken to hospital.
A MAN who was trapped under an overturned mini-digger in Travershes Close on Saturday lunchtime was taken to hospital.
Exmouth firefighters were called to the scene shortly before 2pm following reports the man was trapped under the machinery.
When the fire crew arrived they found the man had fallen from the mini-digger but was not trapped.
A fire brigade spokesperson said: "The crews removed the casualty from the site and used a Tirfor winch to make the mini digger safe.
"The male was transported to hospital.
- 1 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 2 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 3 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 4 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 5 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 6 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate