M5 in Devon closed after 'police-led' incident
- Credit: Google Street View
Early-morning drivers are facing delays after a crash on the M5 this morning.
The northbound motorway is closed between junction 29 (Exeter) and 28 (Cullompton) due to 'a police led incident', according to Highways England.
"The link road from the A30 to the M5 northbound at junction 29 is also closed as a result of this incident," a spokesperson said.
"Devon and Cornwall Police are carrying out a full investigation. It is anticipated that this closure will be in place for a number of hours."
Traffic heading to junction 28 is to follow the solid circle symbol via the B3181.
- 1 Morning dip at Budleigh gets ‘seal’ of approval
- 2 Budleigh gift shop named among region's best
- 3 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 4 Jubilee Big Band concert at Exmouth Pavilion
- 5 Exmouth’s Sarah can see ‘bigger picture’ thanks to diabetes prevention programme
- 6 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 7 Drama club stage sci-fi spoof comedy play
- 8 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 9 Budleigh councillors 'aflush' with town loo options
- 10 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
Traffic heading towards Taunton is to follow the hollow square symbol - is diverted from junction 29, via the A30 eastbound via Honiton, continuing on the A303 to the A358 near Ilminster. Then head north to re-join the M5 at junction 25.
"Delays are likely on the approach to this closure, with additional journey times also expected on diversion routes," the spokesperson added.