Traffic orders would work
Campervans at Budleigh: to follow up Courtney Richards’ letter (Journal, October 28), my observation, living on Marine Parade, is that people are generally law abiding and, in the five months of restricted parking, there are very few overnight campervans.
The deterrent value lies in the threat of enforcement and hence, I think, the traffic Order prohibiting overnight camping would be effective.
No sooner had Friday, October 1, arrived than there were three campervans, nose to tail, on their levelling chocks on the pavement and stationary for the whole weekend.
There are two sites in the vicinity which cater for camping, with sea views, and it is these sites where the vans should be camping overnight.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 3 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 4 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
- 5 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 6 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 7 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 La La Choirs in full voice to support children's hospice