Traders set for business fair
BUSINESS leaders are gearing up for Exmouth s first ever business-to-business fair in a bid to help traders deal with the recession.
BUSINESS leaders are gearing up for Exmouth's first ever 'business-to-business' fair in a bid to help traders deal with the recession.
More than 20 local businesses have booked promotional stalls at the event on March 17 at Devon Cliffs, providing a range of information and services to local traders.
There will be a range of speakers offering advice including Kevin Butler of the Bank of England and Jeremy Filmer-Bennett, Chief Executive of the Devon and Cornwall Business Council.
He ran a business through the last recession and will offer his views on what works and what doesn't during a recession.
You may also want to watch:
The fair is a collaboration of the Business League, Exmouth Chamber of Trade and Commerce, Exmouth Town Management, Business Link, the Federation of Small Businesses and the Business Information Point.
Town manager Tony Collins said: "I am really excited about our first local business event.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
"The whole idea has come directly from the business community and is a great example of Exmouth businesses stepping up their game in the current recession.
"We really want to see every type of Exmouth businesses there from retailers to landowners.
"So please feel free to give me a call if you are unsure whether it's the right event to go along to."
The event runs from 1.30pm until 6.30pm and pre-booked tickets can be purchased from the Town Hall for only �2.50 - �3.50 on the day - and includes a buffet lunch and drink, plus a free A4 advertisement for your business at the show.
You can call Tony on: (01395) 276167