Traders set for business fair
BUSINESS leaders are gearing up for Exmouth s first ever business-to-business fair in a bid to help traders deal with the recession.
BUSINESS leaders are gearing up for Exmouth's first ever 'business-to-business' fair in a bid to help traders deal with the recession.
More than 20 local businesses have booked promotional stalls at the event on March 17 at Devon Cliffs, providing a range of information and services to local traders.
There will be a range of speakers offering advice including Kevin Butler of the Bank of England and Jeremy Filmer-Bennett, Chief Executive of the Devon and Cornwall Business Council.
He ran a business through the last recession and will offer his views on what works and what doesn't during a recession.
You may also want to watch:
The fair is a collaboration of the Business League, Exmouth Chamber of Trade and Commerce, Exmouth Town Management, Business Link, the Federation of Small Businesses and the Business Information Point.
Town manager Tony Collins said: "I am really excited about our first local business event.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
"The whole idea has come directly from the business community and is a great example of Exmouth businesses stepping up their game in the current recession.
"We really want to see every type of Exmouth businesses there from retailers to landowners.
"So please feel free to give me a call if you are unsure whether it's the right event to go along to."
The event runs from 1.30pm until 6.30pm and pre-booked tickets can be purchased from the Town Hall for only �2.50 - �3.50 on the day - and includes a buffet lunch and drink, plus a free A4 advertisement for your business at the show.
You can call Tony on: (01395) 276167