Traders set for business fair
BUSINESS leaders are gearing up for Exmouth s first ever business-to-business fair in a bid to help traders deal with the recession.
BUSINESS leaders are gearing up for Exmouth's first ever 'business-to-business' fair in a bid to help traders deal with the recession.
More than 20 local businesses have booked promotional stalls at the event on March 17 at Devon Cliffs, providing a range of information and services to local traders.
There will be a range of speakers offering advice including Kevin Butler of the Bank of England and Jeremy Filmer-Bennett, Chief Executive of the Devon and Cornwall Business Council.
He ran a business through the last recession and will offer his views on what works and what doesn't during a recession.
You may also want to watch:
The fair is a collaboration of the Business League, Exmouth Chamber of Trade and Commerce, Exmouth Town Management, Business Link, the Federation of Small Businesses and the Business Information Point.
Town manager Tony Collins said: "I am really excited about our first local business event.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 3 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 9 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 10 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
"The whole idea has come directly from the business community and is a great example of Exmouth businesses stepping up their game in the current recession.
"We really want to see every type of Exmouth businesses there from retailers to landowners.
"So please feel free to give me a call if you are unsure whether it's the right event to go along to."
The event runs from 1.30pm until 6.30pm and pre-booked tickets can be purchased from the Town Hall for only �2.50 - �3.50 on the day - and includes a buffet lunch and drink, plus a free A4 advertisement for your business at the show.
You can call Tony on: (01395) 276167