Town to quiz county boss
FOR the second time in two weeks a council chief will be grilled by town councillors over Exmouth s future.
FOR the second time in two weeks a council chief will be grilled by town councillors over Exmouth's future.
On Monday chief executive of East Devon, Mark Williams, was quizzed over potential budget cuts.
Next Monday sees the turn of Tory county council leader John Hart, who could be in for rough ride by the Conservative-run town hall after he reversed a pledge to buy Rolle College.
A consortium of cross-party councillors, community groups and education campaigners want to see the college used as a 'third' site for the Community College.
You may also want to watch:
The former administration backed the plans and pledged cash -but the decision was controversially reversed in September.
Sixth form ranks have been predicted to swell by 40 per cent over the next three years.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
The meeting is on January 18, at 7pm in the council chambers.