Town to quiz county boss
FOR the second time in two weeks a council chief will be grilled by town councillors over Exmouth s future.
FOR the second time in two weeks a council chief will be grilled by town councillors over Exmouth's future.
On Monday chief executive of East Devon, Mark Williams, was quizzed over potential budget cuts.
Next Monday sees the turn of Tory county council leader John Hart, who could be in for rough ride by the Conservative-run town hall after he reversed a pledge to buy Rolle College.
A consortium of cross-party councillors, community groups and education campaigners want to see the college used as a 'third' site for the Community College.
You may also want to watch:
The former administration backed the plans and pledged cash -but the decision was controversially reversed in September.
Sixth form ranks have been predicted to swell by 40 per cent over the next three years.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 6 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 7 East Devon Ladies win County Pairs comp
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
The meeting is on January 18, at 7pm in the council chambers.