Town to quiz county boss
FOR the second time in two weeks a council chief will be grilled by town councillors over Exmouth s future.
FOR the second time in two weeks a council chief will be grilled by town councillors over Exmouth's future.
On Monday chief executive of East Devon, Mark Williams, was quizzed over potential budget cuts.
Next Monday sees the turn of Tory county council leader John Hart, who could be in for rough ride by the Conservative-run town hall after he reversed a pledge to buy Rolle College.
A consortium of cross-party councillors, community groups and education campaigners want to see the college used as a 'third' site for the Community College.
You may also want to watch:
The former administration backed the plans and pledged cash -but the decision was controversially reversed in September.
Sixth form ranks have been predicted to swell by 40 per cent over the next three years.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 6 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 7 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 8 Auctioneers are becoming more accessible by utilising new technology
- 9 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 10 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
The meeting is on January 18, at 7pm in the council chambers.