Town set for tumbleweed?
So, the Great and Good are considering destroying our decades old reputation as The Town of Flowers, not to mention letting our streets become full of weeds.
So, the Great and Good are considering destroying our decades old reputation as The Town of Flowers, not to mention letting our streets become full of weeds. It makes me think of an old abandoned town in a Western film. Litter blowing around, few if any flowers, lack of public conveniences. Lifeless.
Just as a matter of interest, when this was an Urban District Council with all the responsibility that entailed, did we have a town manager? Didn't the town clerk do that work? Why do we need such a top heavy administration now and how much would we save if we pared it back?
75 Egremont Road,
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 6 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 Repair cafe opens again
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there