Town set for tumbleweed?
So, the Great and Good are considering destroying our decades old reputation as The Town of Flowers, not to mention letting our streets become full of weeds.
So, the Great and Good are considering destroying our decades old reputation as The Town of Flowers, not to mention letting our streets become full of weeds. It makes me think of an old abandoned town in a Western film. Litter blowing around, few if any flowers, lack of public conveniences. Lifeless.
Just as a matter of interest, when this was an Urban District Council with all the responsibility that entailed, did we have a town manager? Didn't the town clerk do that work? Why do we need such a top heavy administration now and how much would we save if we pared it back?
75 Egremont Road,
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer