Business award provides town council ‘excellent platform’ to reinforce eco message
- Credit: Archant
Sponsoring the environmental impact award provides an ‘excellent platform’ for the town council to reinforce its own commitment to protect the planet.
For the second consecutive year, the town council will be sponsoring the award in the chamber of commerce's Exmouth Business Awards.
Exmouth mayor Steve Gazzard said he is looking forward to the awards ceremony at Ocean in May.
He said: "I think it's a really good way for established and fledgling businesses alike to showcase their offer and achievements.
"The town council is very proud to be sponsoring this award for a second year running and hopes that it will help to highlight the considerable efforts that local businesses are making in terms of working practices.
You may also want to watch:
"We know that many businesses are aware of the positive impact that they can make through sustainable business operations and we want to recognise that commitment through this award."
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh