Personally, I would not object to an iconic building like Spinnaker Tower on the docks waterfront; it would make a change from the bland mediocrity of architecture that is apparent in so many places.
The Portsmouth landmark was controversial, but now forms a beacon for the approaches to The Solent estuary. A similar landmark could put Exmouth on the architectural map.
We missed the opportunity to have something as significant as an obelisk at Orcombe Point. Perhaps, this time, Exmouth could get a world class design.
That is probably too much to hope for.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Sound move to join singing group
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s