Tottenham's Harry Redknapp loves Woodbury
A PROFESSIONAL football manager who was tipped to become the next England head coach can t keep away from Woodbury. Harry Redknapp, manager of Tottenham Hotspurs FC, stayed at the Woodbury Park Hotel for five days last week – the seventh consecutive year
A PROFESSIONAL football manager who was tipped to become the next England head coach can't keep away from Woodbury.
Harry Redknapp, manager of Tottenham Hotspurs FC, stayed at the Woodbury Park Hotel for five days last week - the seventh consecutive year he has visited the site.
The 62-year-old, one of the bookies favourites to take on the national job before Fabio Cappello was appointed, said he loved coming to the area and staying at the hotel as a pre-season break.
Redknapp, a FA Cup winner with Portsmouth last year, watched his side train in the park's grounds as they prepare for the start of a new football campaign which starts next month.
You may also want to watch:
During their stay at the hotel, Tottenham played Exeter in a friendly match securing a 3-0 win.
He said: "This is seventh time I have been to the park. The facilities are great - I love coming down to the area."
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 5 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 6 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 7 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 8 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 9 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 10 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
Reflecting on the friendly win, he added: "It was a good run out. Exeter are decent opposition and a fine football team.
"They have taken huge strides in the last few years by gaining promotion.
"I'm looking forward to the start of the season. I'm hoping for another good year in the Premiership for the side but it will be a tough league this time around.