Tota Olympics at Manor Gardens
FAMILES and staff on Friday celebrated the national Sure Start Children s Centre Week with a Tots Olympics .
FAMILES and staff on Friday celebrated the national Sure Start Children's Centre Week with a 'Tots Olympics'.
Exmouth and District Sure Start Children's Centre saw dozens of parents and children take part in the event at Manor Gardens.
Sure Start Children's Centre Week was celebrated across the country to promote the wide range of support available to families across the country.
There are now more than 3,000 centres in England, providing access to services for almost 2.4 million children under five and their families.
You may also want to watch:
And at the event for under fives parents and carers took the opportunity to chat to centre staff and learn about all the facilities that are on offer at Sure Start Children's Centres in Moorfield Road and Egremont Road.
The Government plans to expand the total number of Sure Start Children's Centres, by March 2010, to 3,500 - one for every community in England.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Craig Jolly, participation co-ordinator at Exmouth & District Children Centre believes that the centre has a lot to be proud of, and urges more parents in to make use of the services.
He said: "We are delighted to host this special event so that parents who already make use of our services can celebrate the growth of the Sure Start Children's Centre network with us, and parents who are yet to discover what a difference our centre can make to their lives can come and have a chat about what's on offer."