Topsham woman struck by car
A PENSIONER is lucky to be alive after being knocked down by a car at a zebra crossing in Denver Road, Topsham. An 88-year-old local woman was hit by a Renault Clio in the early hours of Wednesday, January 13. She was struck at the bottom of the road, nea
A PENSIONER is lucky to be alive after being knocked down by a car at a zebra crossing in Denver Road, Topsham.
An 88-year-old local woman was hit by a Renault Clio in the early hours of Wednesday, January 13. She was struck at the bottom of the road, near Mortimores shop.
Paramedics responded to a report of the elderly lady who had been hit by a moving car at 8.22am. Police arrived at the scene at 8.36am.
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall police said the vehicle involved in the incident was registered to a 20-year-old Topsham female. He said a breath test given by the driver was negative.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident but, at this stage, no arrests have been made."
The spokesperson added, that because of the impact of the woman hitting the car and given her age, it was first thought her injuries could have been 'serious'.
- 1 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 2 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 3 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 4 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 8 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 9 Big or small, we can all do our bit to care for planet we live on
- 10 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
She was taken immediately to the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital.
The police spokesperson said it was believed she sustained a couple of fractures to her hip but there were no further concerns for her health.
Access to Denver Road was restricted as a result of the incident. The road was fully reopened at 10.20am.