Topsham woman's London Marathon success
A PET-loving Topsham woman who took part in the London Marathon has raised more than �1200 for the Dogs Trust. Rhona Hope, of Newcourt Road, completed the famous 26 mile event, which she decided to run in aid of the UK s largest dog welfare charity, in f
A PET-loving Topsham woman who took part in the London Marathon has raised more than �1200 for the Dogs' Trust.
Rhona Hope, of Newcourt Road, completed the famous 26 mile event, which she decided to run in aid of the UK's largest dog welfare charity, in four hours and 49 minutes.
She chose to support the trust because of the special bond she has with her pet, Joey, a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel.
The 56-year-old senior manager said she thoroughly enjoyed taking part in the marathon.
"I ran all the way, it was fantastic," she said. "I felt fine afterwards and would love to do it again."
Rhona said she was continuing to raise money and expected to gain another �500 for the trust in the near future.
- 1 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 2 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 3 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 4 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 5 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 6 Exe Estuary cleared of ‘navigational obstructions’ by harbour patrol team
- 7 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 8 Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir come to Topsham
- 9 Exeter College achieve 'amazing results' as students discover their higher education grades
- 10 River Cottage HQ the venue for upcoming Project Food fundraiser
If you would like to donate money to her cause, visit Rhona's JustGiving webpage at the following address: http://www.justgiving.com/Rhona-Hope0