Topsham will info charity event
A Topsham charity is holding a first-of-its-kind event, joining forces with legal and financial experts to hold an evening of legacy and will information.
The Estuary League of Friends has teamed up with Michelmores solicitors and CarterDawes independent financial advisors for the event on Thursday, June 30, at 7pm, in Matthews Hall, Topsham.
On offer during the evening will be information about legacies, wills, inheritance tax and donations to charitable organisations.
Wine and cheese will be served during the informal evening.
Rachel Gilpin, chief executive of the Estuary League of Friends, said: “We believe it’s the first time any charity has organised this kind of event, which we hope will be of interest to individuals and local businesses.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s an important issue we want people to feel at ease discussing. This can be a difficult subject, and one which is often avoided because of sensitivities over bereavement.
“But we believe there is a large amount of interest from people who would feel happier to plan their financial and legal matters while they are still in good health.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
“The experts are very kindly providing their knowledge and time in support of the Estuary League of Friends, so we hope anyone from our charity’s area will join us for the evening.”
Anyone wishing to have a more detailed consultation can use the session to sign up for a personal appointment with the legal and financial consultants.
If you are interested in attending, contact the ELoF on (01392) 879009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org