Topsham volunteers needed for poppy appeal
VOLUNTEERS are needed to visit Topsham homes for the 2009 Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal. People are being asked to give up any spare time they may have to carry out house-to-house collections, for donations ahead of Armistice Day on November 11. Each
VOLUNTEERS are needed to visit Topsham homes for the 2009 Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal.
People are being asked to give up any spare time they may have to carry out house-to-house collections, for donations ahead of Armistice Day on November 11.
Each collector will take his or her tin and poppy tray around a small part of Topsham, which become their own defined patch of a small number of houses, usually in one road.
The volunteers will be under the care of a team leader who holds fresh supplies of poppies and pins.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to help, or for more information, call Noel Harrison on 01392 877425.
The appeal is to be launched this Saturday, October 24. House collections may take place on any date between October 24 and Armistice Day.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 3 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 4 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 7 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 8 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 9 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
On Sunday, November 8, the usual ecumenical service at the Topsham war memorial outside St Margaret's Church will be held at 10.45am.
The service will be for the laying of wreaths. Anybody who would like to order a wreath to place on the memorial, call Christopher Brightman on 01392 877630.
An additional service will take place on Wednesday, November 11, at the war memorial to mark Armistice Day.