Topsham visitor attraction scoops award
A POPULAR visitor attraction in Topsham has been named the best local food retailer in a competition run by BBC Radio Four.
Darts Farm scooped the prize in the radio station’s food and farming awards. The company was nominated by customers before the BBC’s judging panel visited the venue.
Brothers Michael and James Dart, who run the business, went to the awards ceremony as one of three finalists and were ecstatic at their win.
Michael said: “We are overjoyed to have won this prestigious award.
“It is the ultimate recognition of a lot of hard work, over many years, by many people – our team, our family, our local food and drink community and of course our loyal customers”.
If you would like to visit Darts Farm over the festive period, a Christmas cupcake-making demonstration may be of interest which takes place this Sunday, December 12.
Kate Shirazi will lead the demonstration, sharing her favourite indulgent cupcake decorating techniques.
- 1 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 2 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 3 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 4 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 5 Exmouth beach swimming ban lifted
- 6 Donation from Freemasons to fire-damaged scout hut
- 7 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 8 Exeter College bucks national trend with 'best ever A level results'
- 9 Fundraising plea to replace Exmouth church flagpole
Admission is �45 per person which includes refreshments and cupcakes to decorate and take home in a box.