Topsham visitor attraction scoops award
A POPULAR visitor attraction in Topsham has been named the best local food retailer in a competition run by BBC Radio Four.
Darts Farm scooped the prize in the radio station’s food and farming awards. The company was nominated by customers before the BBC’s judging panel visited the venue.
Brothers Michael and James Dart, who run the business, went to the awards ceremony as one of three finalists and were ecstatic at their win.
Michael said: “We are overjoyed to have won this prestigious award.
“It is the ultimate recognition of a lot of hard work, over many years, by many people – our team, our family, our local food and drink community and of course our loyal customers”.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to visit Darts Farm over the festive period, a Christmas cupcake-making demonstration may be of interest which takes place this Sunday, December 12.
Kate Shirazi will lead the demonstration, sharing her favourite indulgent cupcake decorating techniques.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Admission is �45 per person which includes refreshments and cupcakes to decorate and take home in a box.