Topsham to stage Y-Factor event
YOUNGSTERS will be able to show off their crowd-pleasing prowess when Matthews Hall is transformed into the setting for an X-factor-style talent show. Percy Giles, police community support officer for Topsham, as well as other members of the town s neighb
YOUNGSTERS will be able to show off their crowd-pleasing prowess when Matthews Hall is transformed into the setting for an X-factor-style talent show.
Percy Giles, police community support officer for Topsham, as well as other members of the town's neighbourhood team, have organised an event, called Y-Factor, which will take place in the hall on Saturday, April 17.
An audition phase will take place later this month followed by the final in April.
Percy said he would like help from members of the community with preparing the event.
You may also want to watch:
"I need some help from the locals in Topsham because there are people down here who are used to putting on events. I particularly need help with a PA system, setting up sound and lights."
Percy added: "I've decided to set up the Y Factor because I think it's a good initiative.
- 1 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 2 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 3 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 4 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 5 Corporate insolvencies at third highest since start of pandemic
- 6 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Captain’s Day at Madeira Bowls
- 10 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
"As police officers nowadays, especially the neighbourhood team, we're encouraged to fully engage with our community. That encompasses younger people as well as the older residents of Topsham.
"This show will be a good opportunity for them to show off their talent, to have fun and get everybody involved. It will be free of charge.
"I would just like young people to feel empowered to take part and help with the production.
"We're going to have auditions, to be held this month in Topsham and Countess Wear, ahead of the live show.
"It's a show in the style of the X-factor. There won't be any rehearsals. People are just going to go at it - good or bad.