Topsham sunflowers raise funds for Hospiscare
A field of sunflowers at Topsham has raised more than �2,000 for the Hospiscare charity. Flower lovers have been picking the blooms at Darts Farm in exchange for a donation to Hospiscare throughout August.
Flower lovers have been picking the blooms at Darts Farm in exchange for a donation to Hospiscare throughout August. The organisers said this summer’s display was one of the best in six years of the scheme.
“The golden field has looked fabulous,” said Darts Farm’s Michael Dart. “We’re so pleased. It has brightened everyone’s day as well as helping to raise money for this important charity.”
Funds were boosted further thanks to Newton Poppleford Art Society’s giant mosaic version of Van Gogh’s iconic painting Sunflowers.
Postcards of the finished mosaic work have been on sale at Darts Farm and there has been a competition to guess which artist painted which square.
You may also want to watch:
Alison Palfrey, Hospiscare’s director of fundraising said the charity was ‘overwhelmed’ by the total raised.
She said: “It’s just incredible. Thank you to everyone who has donated money and our special thanks to Darts Farm and the Newton Poppleford Art Society for continuing to support us in such a striking and successful way.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon