Topsham residents urged to check they are eligible to vote
THE CITY council is urging all Topsham residents to check they are eligible to vote now the date of the General Election has been called. The local authority is also reminding people that electors in the majority of Exeter will be voting for an MP to repr
THE CITY council is urging all Topsham residents to check they are eligible to vote now the date of the General Election has been called.
The local authority is also reminding people that electors in the majority of Exeter will be voting for an MP to represent the new city constituency.
Voters in the Topsham and St Loyes' wards will be voting for an MP for the East Devon constituency following a boundary review confirmed in 2005.
All of the necessary ballot papers, and the counting of the votes for those areas will be handled by East Devon District Council at Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
However, residents wishing to vote must be registered on Exeter City Council's Electoral Register.
John Street, the city council's head of corporate customer services said "Now that the General Election has been called for Thursday 6 May, I am urging all Exeter residents to check that they are eligible to vote.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Sound move to join singing group
- 5 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
"It's going to be a very busy time between now and the day of the election itself, so the earlier this is done, the easier it will be to ensure that everyone who is entitled to vote can exercise their right on the day."
Residents can check if they are eligible to vote by contacting the electoral services team on 265641 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.