Gas works to replace 70 metres of Topsham pipes underway
- Credit: Google
Works have begun this week to upgrade 70 metres pipes underneath a Topsham road.
West and Wales Utilities is replacing old metal pipes in the Bridge Hill area of the town with new plastic ones as part of a £105,000 investment by the company.
It is hoped the new works will help keep the gas flowing to homes and businesses in the area, keeping ‘generations to come’ safe and warm.
West and Wales Utilities has worked closely with Devon County Council and it has been agreed that two-way traffic lights will be in place throughout the seven-week scheme.
Work is expected to be completed by Friday, March 8.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a road closure along Clyst Bridge from outside The Bridge Inn to Fishers Bridge Mills on the weekends of February 2 and 3, as well as February 9 and 10.
A diversion route will be clearly signposted ahead of the closure.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 6 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 7 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock