Topsham garden show attracts large crowd
PUBLISHED: 12:00 28 August 2010
The 21st anniversary of the Topsham Allotments and Gardens Association show was held as part of town fayre week.
MORE than people attended the 21st anniversary of the Topsham Allotments and Gardens Association show.
The event, held last Sunday, August 22, in Matthews Hall, featured 560 exhibits in 64 classes.
Bryan Stephenson, the associations president, hosted the anniversary lunch. Arthur Thompson and John Longley, founders of the show, also attended along with champions from previous years.
The judges were impressed with the excellent standard of the exhibits on display.
The 2010 winners were as follows:
* Best Tomatoes and Best Potatoes: Andy Barber
* Best Runner Beans, Best Rose, and Best Flower Arrangement: Ed and Dee Fisher
* Best in Fruit Classes: Angela Day
* Best Onions: John Fiddes
* Best in Vegetable Section: A. Needham and B. Moore
* Best in Preserves: Sue Pymm
* Best Pot Plant: Jean and Tony Hardy
* Best in Flowers: Mrs. D. Burdick
* Best Dahlia: John Milford
* Best Onions: John Milford
* Champion of the Show: A. Needham and B. Moore