Topsham fuel thefts - a police priority
POLICE have reassured motorists that extra force resources are to be invested in trying to stop drivers from becoming the victim of fuel thieves. Percy Giles, PCSO for Topsham, said the issue was now being made a priority after eight petrol thefts in the
POLICE have reassured motorists that extra force resources are to be invested in trying to stop drivers from becoming the victim of fuel thieves.
Percy Giles, PCSO for Topsham, said the issue was now being made a priority after eight petrol thefts in the town within the last five months.
"These thefts are happening all over Exeter sadly, so much so that it has been highlighted by the neighbourhood teams and there are dedicated patrols out there to stop it from happening," he said.
"I think there is intel to suggest who the culprits could be.
You may also want to watch:
"Whoever is doing this is going underneath the cars and drilling two to three holes and draining off petrol. Drivers would not know until they started driving that they had run out of fuel."
Station Garage has been targeted twice in the last five months by thieves.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 7 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 8 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
Mark Blatchford, manager of the garage, said: "I'm getting fed-up with it now. Luckily they weren't customers' cars, they were all ours.
"It's an expensive job to get them repaired. Fortunately, we've managed to sort out the one's that have been done ourselves.