Topsham food market cancelled
A MARKET scheduled to take place in Matthews Hall has been cancelled. The Slow Food Devon Topsham Market which was due to be held on Sunday, September 20, has been called off due to the ongoing modernisation work at the hall. Because refurbishment work is
A MARKET scheduled to take place in Matthews Hall has been cancelled.
The Slow Food Devon Topsham Market which was due to be held on Sunday, September 20, has been called off due to the ongoing modernisation work at the hall.
Because refurbishment work is running two weeks behind schedule, a decision was made to cancel and relaunch the event on Sunday, October 18.
Marc Million, co-organiser of the Slow Food Devon Market, said: "It is disappointing that we have had to cancel.
"However, I have now had the opportunity to visit Matthews Hall to see the work in progress and I am confident that the improvements will be well worth the wait.
"The hall will be a fantastic facility for the whole of the Topsham community and a wonderful home for the Slow Food Devon Topsham Market."
- 1 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 2 Lympstone Marine trainer halfway through THREE ultra marathon challenge
- 3 Exmouth business create leggings to raise funds for Hospiscare
- 4 Art exhibition celebrates Jurassic coastline
- 5 Budleigh vineyard wins gold at inaugural wine competition
- 6 Season-ticket purchase period extended at Exmouth Town
- 7 Monty creates Jubilee figure for his last East Budleigh Scarecrow Festival
- 8 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 9 Budleigh joins scheme to put East Devon on green tourism map
- 10 Budleigh Music Fest line-up announced
Marc added: "The new entrance-way with its caf� bar area will be really welcoming and there have been considerable improvements to the overall fabric of the building.
"It's exciting and we look forward to relaunching the Slow Food Devon Topsham Market on October 18th.