Topsham food market cancelled
A MARKET scheduled to take place in Matthews Hall has been cancelled. The Slow Food Devon Topsham Market which was due to be held on Sunday, September 20, has been called off due to the ongoing modernisation work at the hall. Because refurbishment work is
A MARKET scheduled to take place in Matthews Hall has been cancelled.
The Slow Food Devon Topsham Market which was due to be held on Sunday, September 20, has been called off due to the ongoing modernisation work at the hall.
Because refurbishment work is running two weeks behind schedule, a decision was made to cancel and relaunch the event on Sunday, October 18.
Marc Million, co-organiser of the Slow Food Devon Market, said: "It is disappointing that we have had to cancel.
You may also want to watch:
"However, I have now had the opportunity to visit Matthews Hall to see the work in progress and I am confident that the improvements will be well worth the wait.
"The hall will be a fantastic facility for the whole of the Topsham community and a wonderful home for the Slow Food Devon Topsham Market."
- 1 Serious injury abandons Exmouth v Brislington
- 2 Exmouth salutes its 'town of flowers' award winners
- 3 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 4 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 5 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 6 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 7 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 8 Vandals target vital equipment used by coastwatch team
- 9 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 10 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
Marc added: "The new entrance-way with its caf� bar area will be really welcoming and there have been considerable improvements to the overall fabric of the building.
"It's exciting and we look forward to relaunching the Slow Food Devon Topsham Market on October 18th.