Topsham flower festival success
This year’s St Margaret’s Church flower festival has been hailed as a success after raising more than �2,000 for good causes.
The festival ran for three days, and featured a barbecue, refreshments and a series of raffles, along with the flower displays.
A total of �2,100 was raised, of which �1,050 has been donated to Exeter homeless charity St Petrock’s, and another �1,050 has been donated to church funds.
Peter Grinyer, husband of organiser Mary Grinyer, said: “The event was a big success, as we raised �500 more than last year and �1,400 more than two years ago.
“It’s growing every year, and we’re now attracting people from as far away as Plymouth and Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to thank Stagecoach for running advertising on their buses.”
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Sound move to join singing group
- 5 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s