Topsham firefighters rescue man from city flat fire

TOPSHAM firefighters were called to Exeter in the early hours of Saturday morning following reports by a neighbour of a smoke alarm sounding in a nearby flat.

TOPSHAM firefighters were called to Exeter in the early hours of Saturday morning following reports by a neighbour of a smoke alarm sounding in a nearby flat.

When the crews arrived at Jubilee Court, in Queen Street, they found a fire at the flat and needed to force entry as the occupant could not be raised.

A fire service spokesperson said the fire was accidental and caused by leaving cooking unattended

"The fire crews led one male to safety from the flat, who was treated by ambulance personnel for smoke inhalation," the spokesperson said.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus