Topsham firefighters rescue man from city flat fire

PUBLISHED: 10:38 08 February 2010 | UPDATED: 12:45 10 June 2010

TOPSHAM firefighters were called to Exeter in the early hours of Saturday morning following reports by a neighbour of a smoke alarm sounding in a nearby flat.

TOPSHAM firefighters were called to Exeter in the early hours of Saturday morning following reports by a neighbour of a smoke alarm sounding in a nearby flat.

When the crews arrived at Jubilee Court, in Queen Street, they found a fire at the flat and needed to force entry as the occupant could not be raised.

A fire service spokesperson said the fire was accidental and caused by leaving cooking unattended

"The fire crews led one male to safety from the flat, who was treated by ambulance personnel for smoke inhalation," the spokesperson said.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists