Topsham firefighters called to Clyst St Mary home: Candle wax causes smoke

PUBLISHED: 15:35 22 December 2009 | UPDATED: 12:29 10 June 2010

CANDLE wax dripping onto a gas fire at a Rosewood Crescent home, in Clyst St Mary, prompted a visit from Topsham firefighters.

CANDLE wax dripping onto a gas fire at a Rosewood Crescent home, in Clyst St Mary, prompted a visit from Topsham firefighters.

The crew on Monday morning received reports smoke was coming from the home and the occupant was unable to leave the property.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and rescue Service spokesperson said: "Upon arrival crews found the smoke was caused by candle wax dripping on a gas fire, so crews checked the property and made it safe.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal