Topsham firefighters called to Clyst St Mary home: Candle wax causes smoke

CANDLE wax dripping onto a gas fire at a Rosewood Crescent home, in Clyst St Mary, prompted a visit from Topsham firefighters.

CANDLE wax dripping onto a gas fire at a Rosewood Crescent home, in Clyst St Mary, prompted a visit from Topsham firefighters.

The crew on Monday morning received reports smoke was coming from the home and the occupant was unable to leave the property.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and rescue Service spokesperson said: "Upon arrival crews found the smoke was caused by candle wax dripping on a gas fire, so crews checked the property and made it safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter