Topsham fire fighters called to fire at Countess Wear house

PUBLISHED: 14:07 14 August 2008 | UPDATED: 09:29 10 June 2010

Thursday, August 14 - TWO fire crews from Topsham were called to a small fire incident in the bedroom of a house.

TWO fire crews from Topsham were called to a small fire incident in the bedroom of a house.

A neighbour reported smoke billowing from the first floor bedroom window of a house on Lower Wear Road, Countess Wear.

Topsham Fire fighters used two breathing apparatus sets and one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire which had caught on the carpet and curtains.

A woman was rescued from the property prior to the arrival of the Fire Service and treated for smoke inhalation.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal