Topsham fire crews tackle bus fire and more news
Topsham fire crews were called to deal with a bus fire in Countess Wear. Read this and more.
C GROUP FLOWERS: A Christmas flower demonstration is being held in aid of Royal Marines charity the C Group.
It takes place at Darts Farm on Wednesday, November 23 at 7.30pm.
Admission will cost �7.50, including a glass of wine. Tickets are available in person from Darts Farm or by calling (01392) 874383.
You may also want to watch:
OBOUSSIER LECTURE: The annual Oboussier Lecture takes place next week, and will cover one of the most volatile periods in English history.
‘Topsham and District in the Civil War’ will be given by Mark Stoyle, author and professor of early modern history at Southampton University.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 6 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
It takes place next Thursday, November 24, at Matthews Hall. Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
The lecture is hosted jointly by the Topsham Museum Society and the Topsham Society.
Admission is free for society members, �2.50 for non members.
BUS FIRE: Topsham fire crews were called to deal with a bus fire in Countess Wear.
The Topsham crew, along with a fire engine from Middlemoor, arrived at the scene to find a small engine fire had filled an empty bus with smoke.
The fire was already out, so crews made the vehicle safe before they left.
OTTER TRIP: Topsham charity the Estuary League of Friends is holding a trip to Otter Nurseries.
The trip takes place on November 30, and costs �10.
To book a place, visit the charity’s shop in Fore Street or go to www.estuary-league-of-friends.co.uk.
FESTIVAL OF FOOD: A food festival is being held at Darts Farm.
It takes place on November 27 between 10am and 4pm.
Local food producers will be on hand to meet shoppers, tell them about their work and let them try their produce.
There will be special offers on goods to buy, and admission will be free.
YEAR ROUND COLOUR: The latest talk and plant sale hosted by the Topsham Allotments and Gardens Society takes place this evening
‘12 Months of Colour In Your Garden’ is being given by Neil Lovesey of the Picket Lane Nursery in Broadwindsor.
It takes place at the Matthews Hall Council Chamber at 7.30pm.
Admission costs �2 for members, �3 for non members.