Topsham fayre advice
PARTYGOERS looking forward to taking part in this year s Topsham fayre are reminded to prepare their floats and costumes for walking entries at the carnival. People are also asked to make sure their cars are removed from the town s streets on Saturday, Au
PARTYGOERS looking forward to taking part in this year's Topsham fayre are reminded to prepare their floats and costumes for walking entries at the carnival.
People are also asked to make sure their cars are removed from the town's streets on Saturday, August 29 - the day of the carnival.
Percy Giles, police community support officer for Topsham, said: "People should remove their cars from Fore Street otherwise they will be removed because they will be causing an obstruction.
"It is always wise to use public transport to avoid struggling with parking."
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Hack, secretary of the fayre, said people would be able to use Topsham Rugby Club and the recreation ground to leave their vehicle on the day of the carnival.
And, Kevin, who has helped organise the event for more than 15 years, added: "Parking will be available on Hallam Way and the Quay car park, accessed via Hallam Way."
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 6 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 7 John and Grace run for the heart
- 8 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 9 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
- 10 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
The week-long Topsham Fayre extravaganza starts next Saturday, August 22.
Entry forms for carnival participants should be completed and submitted to: Shirley Hack, 4 Powderham Close, Topsham, EX3 OLN.