Topsham fayre advice
PARTYGOERS looking forward to taking part in this year s Topsham fayre are reminded to prepare their floats and costumes for walking entries at the carnival. People are also asked to make sure their cars are removed from the town s streets on Saturday, Au
PARTYGOERS looking forward to taking part in this year's Topsham fayre are reminded to prepare their floats and costumes for walking entries at the carnival.
People are also asked to make sure their cars are removed from the town's streets on Saturday, August 29 - the day of the carnival.
Percy Giles, police community support officer for Topsham, said: "People should remove their cars from Fore Street otherwise they will be removed because they will be causing an obstruction.
"It is always wise to use public transport to avoid struggling with parking."
Kevin Hack, secretary of the fayre, said people would be able to use Topsham Rugby Club and the recreation ground to leave their vehicle on the day of the carnival.
And, Kevin, who has helped organise the event for more than 15 years, added: "Parking will be available on Hallam Way and the Quay car park, accessed via Hallam Way."
- 1 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 2 Lympstone Marine trainer halfway through THREE ultra marathon challenge
- 3 Exmouth business create leggings to raise funds for Hospiscare
- 4 Art exhibition celebrates Jurassic coastline
- 5 Budleigh vineyard wins gold at inaugural wine competition
- 6 Season-ticket purchase period extended at Exmouth Town
- 7 Monty creates Jubilee figure for his last East Budleigh Scarecrow Festival
- 8 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 9 Budleigh joins scheme to put East Devon on green tourism map
- 10 Budleigh Music Fest line-up announced
The week-long Topsham Fayre extravaganza starts next Saturday, August 22.
Entry forms for carnival participants should be completed and submitted to: Shirley Hack, 4 Powderham Close, Topsham, EX3 OLN.