Topsham fayre advice
PARTYGOERS looking forward to taking part in this year s Topsham fayre are reminded to prepare their floats and costumes for walking entries at the carnival. People are also asked to make sure their cars are removed from the town s streets on Saturday, Au
PARTYGOERS looking forward to taking part in this year's Topsham fayre are reminded to prepare their floats and costumes for walking entries at the carnival.
People are also asked to make sure their cars are removed from the town's streets on Saturday, August 29 - the day of the carnival.
Percy Giles, police community support officer for Topsham, said: "People should remove their cars from Fore Street otherwise they will be removed because they will be causing an obstruction.
"It is always wise to use public transport to avoid struggling with parking."
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Hack, secretary of the fayre, said people would be able to use Topsham Rugby Club and the recreation ground to leave their vehicle on the day of the carnival.
And, Kevin, who has helped organise the event for more than 15 years, added: "Parking will be available on Hallam Way and the Quay car park, accessed via Hallam Way."
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
The week-long Topsham Fayre extravaganza starts next Saturday, August 22.
Entry forms for carnival participants should be completed and submitted to: Shirley Hack, 4 Powderham Close, Topsham, EX3 OLN.