Topsham fayre advice
PARTYGOERS looking forward to taking part in this year s Topsham fayre are reminded to prepare their floats and costumes for walking entries at the carnival. People are also asked to make sure their cars are removed from the town s streets on Saturday, Au
PARTYGOERS looking forward to taking part in this year's Topsham fayre are reminded to prepare their floats and costumes for walking entries at the carnival.
People are also asked to make sure their cars are removed from the town's streets on Saturday, August 29 - the day of the carnival.
Percy Giles, police community support officer for Topsham, said: "People should remove their cars from Fore Street otherwise they will be removed because they will be causing an obstruction.
"It is always wise to use public transport to avoid struggling with parking."
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Hack, secretary of the fayre, said people would be able to use Topsham Rugby Club and the recreation ground to leave their vehicle on the day of the carnival.
And, Kevin, who has helped organise the event for more than 15 years, added: "Parking will be available on Hallam Way and the Quay car park, accessed via Hallam Way."
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 7 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 8 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 9 Repair cafe opens again
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
The week-long Topsham Fayre extravaganza starts next Saturday, August 22.
Entry forms for carnival participants should be completed and submitted to: Shirley Hack, 4 Powderham Close, Topsham, EX3 OLN.