Topsham charity launches new website
A CHARITY based in Topsham is launching a new website as an information source for local residents and to showcase its growing range of community services.
The Estuary League of Friends site is now live and contains information on its many community and personalised services.
There is also news pages related to the charity’s latest activities.
The league of friends operates for people in Countess Wear, Clyst St Mary, Clyst St George, Ebford, Exton, Cat & Fiddle and Topsham.
Its extensive services include home visits, shopping and other trips, a lunch club and a monthly memory caf� for those with memory difficulties and their carers.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Gilpin, chief executive of the Estuary League of Friends, said: “The internet is now in almost 80% of homes across the UK and over 85% of the population have used it at some time.
“About half of the over-60s use it at least occasionally, and of course their families and friends are almost certainly very familiar and comfortable with the internet.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 8 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
“So this is a valuable way to spread the word about what we do and to encourage more people to sign up to our services.”
Ms Gilpin added: “We’re also developing a growing range of more personalised services, customised to the needs of individual clients.
“The internet may grow into a useful tool for people seeing what we do and approaching us with ideas for the future.”
To view the new website, visit the following address at: “www.estuary-league-of-friends.co.uk.
For more details on the charity’s work, please contact the team on (01392) 879009 or send an email to: email@example.com