Topsham cemetery advice available
PEOPLE are to be given the chance to gain information on the services available at Topsham cemetery. A number of open mornings will take place next month involving staff from Exeter s Bereavement services. It is an opportunity for people to search grave r
PEOPLE are to be given the chance to gain information on the services available at Topsham cemetery.
A number of open mornings will take place next month involving staff from Exeter's Bereavement services.
It is an opportunity for people to search grave records, arrange appointments to be shown the locations of graves, and services such as natural burials, memorial trees and gardens of remembrance.
Cllr Kevin Mitchell, lead councillor for Environment and Leisure, said: "Following the success of our open day at Higher Cemetery in September, we realise people want to meet cemetery staff to find out about the services we offer.
He said this would extend the service to all three cemeteries - Higher, Exwick and Topsham.
Cllr Mitchell added: "Grave searches are particularly popular with the public and the open mornings will be a useful addition to our online grave records." The open mornings will run monthly.
- 1 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 2 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 3 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 4 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 5 Lympstone school rated 'good' at latest Ofsted report
- 6 Comedian Jason Bryne announces Exmouth date
- 7 Urgent help needed alleviate ambulance and hospital emergencies
- 8 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 9 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 10 Hilary Mantel's desk fetches more than £4,000 at auction
The events will be held on the first Tuesday of each month from 10am to 1pm, beginning on Tuesday, February 2, in the chapel at Higher Cemetery, Exeter.
Exwick will be the venue in March followed by Topsham Cemetery in April.
For more information, call 01392 265370.