Topsham businesses' awards success
A BUSINESSMAN from Topsham said he was delighted after hearing his restaurant – often visited by England goalkeeper David James – had been shortlisted for a prestigious award. Denly s Essence of India, in High Street, has been named in a shortlist for th
A BUSINESSMAN from Topsham said he was delighted after hearing his restaurant - often visited by England goalkeeper David James - had been shortlisted for a prestigious award.
Denly's Essence of India, in High Street, has been named in a shortlist for the British Curry Awards.
Jamil Imah, the proprietor, said: "I am really pleased with the news. Our customers always leave having had a good time.
"We offer a slightly different menu to other restaurants and there is an emphasis on the visual appearance of food."
You may also want to watch:
Darts Farm and Olivia Restaurant are also celebrating after hearing they have scooped a gold and silver certificate respectively in the Taste of the West Awards 2009.
Established in 1991, Taste of the West is the regional food and drink trade organisation for the South West of England.
- 1 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 4 Mrs B marks 10 years with All Saints Pre-school
- 5 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 8 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 9 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
Judging of the classes was carried out by a panel of independent judges including food technologists and writers.
Darts Farm won gold in the retail outlet category and Oliva Restaurant, silver, in the restaurant section.
Michael Dart, director at Darts Farm, said: "We are thrilled to be recognised with a Gold award by Taste of the West for our efforts in local food retailing.
"We are so lucky to live in a region so rich in artisan produce and our food hall is a place where a lot of this produce comes together under one roof along with our fruit and vegetables we grow here.
"We would like to thank all of our local suppliers for creating such wonderful produce, our farm shop team for delivering the retail experience and of course our customers for supporting us and our region".