Topsham brownies group needs leader
A NEW leader is needed to take charge of the Topsham Brownies. Beci Farley, the current leader of the 1st Topsham Brownies, is leaving her post which has prompted the group to start a recruitment drive for a replacement. Speaking about the benefits of the
A NEW leader is needed to take charge of the Topsham Brownies.
Beci Farley, the current leader of the 1st Topsham Brownies, is leaving her post which has prompted the group to start a recruitment drive for a replacement.
Speaking about the benefits of the job, Beci said: "The aim is to help girls grow in all areas of their life in a fun and enjoyable way."
The 1st Topsham Brownies is part of Girlguiding UK, a voluntary organisation with more than 500 members.
You may also want to watch:
Beci added: "It offers a chance to try new things in a girl-only environment and many will experience once in a lifetime opportunities during their time in guiding."
The brownie unit, which has 24 girls, will celebrate it's 90th year next May.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 5 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 6 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
"We do traditional activities such as campfire singing and cooking, shelter building and craft as well as having princess parties and doing face packs.
"This summer we have been canoeing, cycling and to the beach. And the brownies have just completed their fire safety badge with the help of Topsham firefighters."
The group are also looking for volunteers to help at weekly meetings. All adults have to undergo a CRB police check.
For more information, call Beci Farley on 01392 430544.