Topsham brownies group needs leader
A NEW leader is needed to take charge of the Topsham Brownies. Beci Farley, the current leader of the 1st Topsham Brownies, is leaving her post which has prompted the group to start a recruitment drive for a replacement. Speaking about the benefits of the
A NEW leader is needed to take charge of the Topsham Brownies.
Beci Farley, the current leader of the 1st Topsham Brownies, is leaving her post which has prompted the group to start a recruitment drive for a replacement.
Speaking about the benefits of the job, Beci said: "The aim is to help girls grow in all areas of their life in a fun and enjoyable way."
The 1st Topsham Brownies is part of Girlguiding UK, a voluntary organisation with more than 500 members.
You may also want to watch:
Beci added: "It offers a chance to try new things in a girl-only environment and many will experience once in a lifetime opportunities during their time in guiding."
The brownie unit, which has 24 girls, will celebrate it's 90th year next May.
- 1 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 2 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 3 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 4 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 5 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 9 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
"We do traditional activities such as campfire singing and cooking, shelter building and craft as well as having princess parties and doing face packs.
"This summer we have been canoeing, cycling and to the beach. And the brownies have just completed their fire safety badge with the help of Topsham firefighters."
The group are also looking for volunteers to help at weekly meetings. All adults have to undergo a CRB police check.
For more information, call Beci Farley on 01392 430544.