Topsham brownies group needs leader
A NEW leader is needed to take charge of the Topsham Brownies. Beci Farley, the current leader of the 1st Topsham Brownies, is leaving her post which has prompted the group to start a recruitment drive for a replacement. Speaking about the benefits of the
A NEW leader is needed to take charge of the Topsham Brownies.
Beci Farley, the current leader of the 1st Topsham Brownies, is leaving her post which has prompted the group to start a recruitment drive for a replacement.
Speaking about the benefits of the job, Beci said: "The aim is to help girls grow in all areas of their life in a fun and enjoyable way."
The 1st Topsham Brownies is part of Girlguiding UK, a voluntary organisation with more than 500 members.
You may also want to watch:
Beci added: "It offers a chance to try new things in a girl-only environment and many will experience once in a lifetime opportunities during their time in guiding."
The brownie unit, which has 24 girls, will celebrate it's 90th year next May.
- 1 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 2 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 3 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision
- 4 Christine Channon retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Exmouth Harriers take to the roads again
- 6 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 7 Plea for help to outfit Budleigh’s new community workshop
- 8 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café
- 9 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 10 WBW Solicitors sponsoring best start up business award
"We do traditional activities such as campfire singing and cooking, shelter building and craft as well as having princess parties and doing face packs.
"This summer we have been canoeing, cycling and to the beach. And the brownies have just completed their fire safety badge with the help of Topsham firefighters."
The group are also looking for volunteers to help at weekly meetings. All adults have to undergo a CRB police check.
For more information, call Beci Farley on 01392 430544.