Topsham art exhibition reminder
A TWO-week-long Topsham art group exhibition draws to a close next weekend. People fond of paintings who would like to attend, have until this Sunday, August 16, to view the work on display at Topsham School. Jenny Chandler, a committee member at the grou
A TWO-week-long Topsham art group exhibition draws to a close next weekend.
People fond of paintings who would like to attend, have until this Sunday, August 16, to view the work on display at Topsham School.
Jenny Chandler, a committee member at the group, said the exhibition, which started on Saturday, August 1, had so far been a great success.
"We have done extremely well in the first few days of the exhibition. Over the first weekend we sold approximately 25 pictures," she explained.
You may also want to watch:
And, Helen, a committee member, added: "There are a range of different styles of pictures on view - some are quite traditional and others more abstract. They are of a very high standard."
The exhibition, which marks the end of the season for the 150 members of the art group, is open from 10am until 6pm except this Sunday when it will close at 1pm. Admission is priced �1.
- 1 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 2 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 3 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision
- 4 Christine Channon retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Exmouth Harriers take to the roads again
- 6 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 7 Plea for help to outfit Budleigh’s new community workshop
- 8 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café
- 9 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 10 WBW Solicitors sponsoring best start up business award
As recognition to the calibre of work on display, a number of awards, judged by Rev Paul Hardy, were handed out.
Wyn Appleford won the Estuary Cup with Camperdown Creak in Exmouth and the Sally Savory Award for Exe Estuary Reflections.
Three pictures were highly commended. Summer Meadow by Jeannie Berry, Exeter Guild Hall by Michael Willis and on a Clear Day by Jan Nittleton.
The art group, in conjunction with the Topsham Society, has produced a 2010 calendar for the town which are on sale during the event.
For more information about the exhibition, contact Jenny Chandler on 272349.