Top holiday park to improve even further
DEVON Cliffs Holiday Park at Sandy Bay is hiring an army of housekeepers to boost its place as one of Britain s top holiday parks.
DEVON Cliffs Holiday Park at Sandy Bay is hiring an army of housekeepers to boost its place as one of Britain's top holiday parks.
The flagship resort of Haven Holidays is looking to recruit more than 100 housekeepers to raise the bar on the quality of accommodation even higher.
The jobs are among 300 vacancies - up 50 on last year - which the 5-star resort is aiming to fill at a Recruitment Day at the caravan park on January 29 between 2pm and 7pm.
The good news comes just a week after Haven revealed it hoped to spend �25 million on improving the popular award-winning holiday destination over the next ten years.
You may also want to watch:
A big focus for the 2010 season is making the quality of accommodation exceptional after millions of pounds have been spent at the resort in recent years in improving facilities.
Other jobs on offer include reception, bar and catering, security, grounds team, and pool lifeguards.
- 1 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 2 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 3 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 4 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 5 Junior rugby returns after a year of frustration
- 6 Budleigh Music Festival announces return line-up
- 7 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 10 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café
Lisa Spickett, Holiday Sales Manager at Devon Cliffs, said: "We had a record year in 2009 and we're looking to build on that for 2010 with a big push on raising the quality of accommodation to exceed our guests' expectations.
"We have 300 jobs up for grabs, which is 50 more than we offered for the 2009 season.
Haven provides full training and many of the job opportunities count towards National Vocational Qualifications.