Top holiday park to improve even further
DEVON Cliffs Holiday Park at Sandy Bay is hiring an army of housekeepers to boost its place as one of Britain s top holiday parks.
DEVON Cliffs Holiday Park at Sandy Bay is hiring an army of housekeepers to boost its place as one of Britain's top holiday parks.
The flagship resort of Haven Holidays is looking to recruit more than 100 housekeepers to raise the bar on the quality of accommodation even higher.
The jobs are among 300 vacancies - up 50 on last year - which the 5-star resort is aiming to fill at a Recruitment Day at the caravan park on January 29 between 2pm and 7pm.
The good news comes just a week after Haven revealed it hoped to spend �25 million on improving the popular award-winning holiday destination over the next ten years.
You may also want to watch:
A big focus for the 2010 season is making the quality of accommodation exceptional after millions of pounds have been spent at the resort in recent years in improving facilities.
Other jobs on offer include reception, bar and catering, security, grounds team, and pool lifeguards.
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 6 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 9 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 10 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
Lisa Spickett, Holiday Sales Manager at Devon Cliffs, said: "We had a record year in 2009 and we're looking to build on that for 2010 with a big push on raising the quality of accommodation to exceed our guests' expectations.
"We have 300 jobs up for grabs, which is 50 more than we offered for the 2009 season.
Haven provides full training and many of the job opportunities count towards National Vocational Qualifications.