Top holiday park to improve even further
DEVON Cliffs Holiday Park at Sandy Bay is hiring an army of housekeepers to boost its place as one of Britain s top holiday parks.
DEVON Cliffs Holiday Park at Sandy Bay is hiring an army of housekeepers to boost its place as one of Britain's top holiday parks.
The flagship resort of Haven Holidays is looking to recruit more than 100 housekeepers to raise the bar on the quality of accommodation even higher.
The jobs are among 300 vacancies - up 50 on last year - which the 5-star resort is aiming to fill at a Recruitment Day at the caravan park on January 29 between 2pm and 7pm.
The good news comes just a week after Haven revealed it hoped to spend �25 million on improving the popular award-winning holiday destination over the next ten years.
A big focus for the 2010 season is making the quality of accommodation exceptional after millions of pounds have been spent at the resort in recent years in improving facilities.
Other jobs on offer include reception, bar and catering, security, grounds team, and pool lifeguards.
- 1 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 2 Exmouth to join national beacon lighting programme to mark Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Famous ladies of Exmouth: Viscountess Nelson of the Nile
- 4 East Devon beaches given prestigious blue flag award
- 5 'Unique opportunity' to lease one of Exmouth's toilet blocks
- 6 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
- 7 Body found in search for missing man
- 8 County council approval for Levelling Up Dinan Way link funding bid
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 Lifeline support service in Exmouth is ‘here to help’ those struggling with cost-of-living crisis
Lisa Spickett, Holiday Sales Manager at Devon Cliffs, said: "We had a record year in 2009 and we're looking to build on that for 2010 with a big push on raising the quality of accommodation to exceed our guests' expectations.
"We have 300 jobs up for grabs, which is 50 more than we offered for the 2009 season.
Haven provides full training and many of the job opportunities count towards National Vocational Qualifications.