Nearly time for take-off! Timings announced for Sidmouth Air Display 2019
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth is set to see more than an hour of daring aerobatics as five of the country’s top display teams head to the town next week.
Organisers Sidmouth Town Council has announced the full programme for Friday, August 23.
RAF Falcons parachute display team will be first to perform on the evening at 6pm, followed by the recently announced Twirlybatics Pitts Special aerobatic display at 6.20pm.
Crowds will need to keep their eyes on the sky as the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight spitfire will soar in at 6.35pm for a 15 minute display before making way for the Strikemaster jet display team at 6.50pm.
The show will draw to a close following the final performance of the night from RAF Chinook display team from 7.05pm.
You may also want to watch:
Christopher Holland, town clerk, said the display is on a scale unseen before in the town.
He said: "The 2019 display puts Sidmouth on the air display map for anyone wishing to see the appearance of the RAF Falcons parachute display team or witness the amazing acrobatic skills of the Pitts Special biplane.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 8 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 9 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 10 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
"Spectators will be looking forward to catching sight and sound of a Spitfire and aircraft enthusiasts will be pleased to see the Strikemaster jet team over The Esplanade.
"Closing out the program will be the stunning twin rotor RAF Chinook promising to dazzle crowds with its size and manoeuvrability. The 23 August is promising to be a fantastic start to the bank holiday and regatta weekend."
All aircraft attendance and timings are subject to weather and other factors.
The council is still recruiting collectors to gather donations along the seafront and Connaught Gardens.
To volunteer call the council on 01395 512424 or email at email@example.com.
The organising team will then be in touch with locations and contact details for the day.