Seafront road to be closed until July as tidal defence works continue
- Credit: Google
A section of Exmouth seafront road is to be closed until June as work on improving tidal defences continues.
The Esplanade between Alexandra Terrace Junction (east) and the Premier Inn will now be closed until July 23.
This will allow for drainage works and installing flood gates at the Alexandra Terrace junction and the Premier Inn.
The existing zebra crossing will also be change to an informal crossing point opposite the Premier Inn.
When complete the joint project, being overseen by the Environment Agency and East Devon District Council, will help reduce the risk of tidal flooding to more than 1,400 homes and 400 commercial properties.
The district council say there will be some loss of parking along the Esplanade and there will 'access only' to businesses, their customers and residents between the clock tower and Carlton Hill.
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 4 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 5 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 6 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 7 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 8 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures