Three boys shot with BB gun in Exmouth
THREE boys have been shot at with a BB gun while playing in Exmouth.
The youngsters, aged six, 10 and 13, were playing on a green in Cheshire Road where they shot at by a man at around 7.30pm on Tuesday, July 7.
One boy was hit in the stomach and another on the hip but no one was seriously injured.
It is believed the shooter was standing in the communal area of flats in Cheshire Road. The boys were later targeted in Dinan Way opposite the bus stop in Sycamore Road.
The offender was described as being a white man, aged 18 to 20, slim to medium build with a shaved head.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a distinctive black jacket with red panels underneath each arm. In addition, he may have been wearing a scarf over the lower part of his face.
Ian Schofield, a response officer from Exmouth police, helped track the offender on Tuesday.
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 3 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
He said:“If someone is out and about firing a BB gun in public, this constitutes being an offence for causing alarm, harassment or distress.
“The thing that bothers me is that young kids should be able to play out in the sun in a safe environment.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference number KE/10/1620.