The wonder of Christmas
Your letter pages often contain emotions of indignation and invective. In an endeavour to introduce feelings of a different nature, I enclose some lines for your consideration.
Your letter pages often contain emotions of indignation and invective. In an endeavour to introduce feelings of a different nature, I enclose some lines for your consideration. Maybe it will awaken memories from the past and remind us of the true reason for our celebrations.
THE VERY SPECIAL DAY
There was a very special magic in the air when I was young,
I trembled in my bed wondering, would He come in the night!
awaking early in the morning searching the end of my bed.
rousing my Mum and Dad, shouting with excited joy.
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 3 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 4 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 5 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 6 Exmouth launderette donating duvet charge to Save the Children
- 7 Aviation industry is key to realising dream of a highly-skilled South West
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 10 Budleigh Lions support town's new community larder
Tumbling down the stairs to a glistening, festooned tree
laden with gaily wrapped parcels shining with white frost.
Now, though grown older, I feel that magic still.
It is present in the velvet, starry, moonlit night.
I hear it in the carols on the village green,
it surrounds me in the shining, candle-lit church
where the thundering organ bursts forth in mighty voice.
Our thoughts upon this day encompass all our friends
and look towards our Lord's birth so long ago
so we cast aside our cares and share with you
A very Happy Christmas
June and Bruce