The wonder of Christmas
Your letter pages often contain emotions of indignation and invective. In an endeavour to introduce feelings of a different nature, I enclose some lines for your consideration.
Your letter pages often contain emotions of indignation and invective. In an endeavour to introduce feelings of a different nature, I enclose some lines for your consideration. Maybe it will awaken memories from the past and remind us of the true reason for our celebrations.
THE VERY SPECIAL DAY
There was a very special magic in the air when I was young,
I trembled in my bed wondering, would He come in the night!
You may also want to watch:
awaking early in the morning searching the end of my bed.
rousing my Mum and Dad, shouting with excited joy.
- 1 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 4 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 5 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 6 Farewell for councillor who worked tirelessly for his constituents
- 7 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 Women's triumphant triple challenge set to net £15,000 for charity
- 10 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
Tumbling down the stairs to a glistening, festooned tree
laden with gaily wrapped parcels shining with white frost.
Now, though grown older, I feel that magic still.
It is present in the velvet, starry, moonlit night.
I hear it in the carols on the village green,
it surrounds me in the shining, candle-lit church
where the thundering organ bursts forth in mighty voice.
Our thoughts upon this day encompass all our friends
and look towards our Lord's birth so long ago
so we cast aside our cares and share with you
A very Happy Christmas
June and Bruce