The wonder of Christmas
Your letter pages often contain emotions of indignation and invective. In an endeavour to introduce feelings of a different nature, I enclose some lines for your consideration.
Your letter pages often contain emotions of indignation and invective. In an endeavour to introduce feelings of a different nature, I enclose some lines for your consideration. Maybe it will awaken memories from the past and remind us of the true reason for our celebrations.
THE VERY SPECIAL DAY
There was a very special magic in the air when I was young,
I trembled in my bed wondering, would He come in the night!
awaking early in the morning searching the end of my bed.
rousing my Mum and Dad, shouting with excited joy.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Harrier Amanda racing in the Chichester Harbour Trail
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Exmouth humbled in the wind and rain at Millbrook
- 7 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 8 Decisions on future of our seafront must include a voice for all
- 9 Church group sends boxes of gifts to Moldova Christmas appeal
- 10 East Devon Football Results
Tumbling down the stairs to a glistening, festooned tree
laden with gaily wrapped parcels shining with white frost.
Now, though grown older, I feel that magic still.
It is present in the velvet, starry, moonlit night.
I hear it in the carols on the village green,
it surrounds me in the shining, candle-lit church
where the thundering organ bursts forth in mighty voice.
Our thoughts upon this day encompass all our friends
and look towards our Lord's birth so long ago
so we cast aside our cares and share with you
A very Happy Christmas
June and Bruce